Bohemistics - Bachelor´s Degree
- In the preparation course for studying bachelor degree in Czech for Foreigners (within the studying field Philology) we offer for students morning lessons focused on the current Czech language at the appropriate level according to CEFR and in accordance with the requirements for entrance exams.
- Basic preparation of linguistic, literary, historical, sociocultural and sociogeographic studies takes place in the form of afternoon interactive workshops. The content of teaching in seminars is adapted to the specific requirements of the university entrance examinations in the given field.
- Teachers from Czech departments of higher education universities will lecture all courses and workshops.
- Students acquire knowledge of the Czech environment through regular cultural activities. Every Wednesday afternoon, we offer an active cultural program which focuses on literature, film, art and music. Additionally, student participate in favorable educational walking tours with expert guides.
- Richly stocked library is available to students daily. Students may borrow literature required for the entrance examinations in the given field in the Czech language (e.g. grammar books of the Czech language, dictionaries, basic linguistic literature and manuals on the theory and history of literature, Czech textbooks, Czech fiction, audio / video materials).
- Student may take advantage of available individual consultations.
The total number of lessons per week is 35 (out of which 25 lessons of Czech language in the First semester and 20 lessons of Czech language in the Second semester). Detailed information on the number of special courses can be found in the table below.
Special courses and weekly number of hours
|1st semester (a total of 10 lessons per week)||2nd semester (a total of 15 lessons per week)|
|Introduction to language||3 lessons||Current Czech language||6 lessons|
|Introduction to Literature||3 lessons||Czech literature||5 lessons|
|History of the Czech Lands||2 lessons||History of the Czech Lands||2 lessons|
|Socio-cultural seminar||2 lessons||Socio-geographical seminar||2 lessons|
Where can you study as a foreigner a bachelor degree in Czech and what you need to know for the entrance exams? Click here.
September 2017 - June 2018
|Number of lessons per week|
35 teaching hours per week
+420 224 921 015